Wednesday 8 April 2015

Welcome to the Jungle


Tee - Topman             Jeans - Primark

To start April off, I've put together an outfit which was inspired by a well known rock band guns and roses. To add to the rock theme I've also incorporated some DIY ripped skinny jeans. I made these by making a small cut into the knee and pulling the jean material apart making a frayed tear across the knee. If you're wanting to rip your own jeans make sure you do so carefully, I previously cut my other jeans and ended up with a slight vertical cut which ripped further down my jeans as a I wore them. You can also put more rips in them maybe higher up the jean or lower down. I decided to rip my old cheap jeans in case I messed them up and the material seemed ok for cutting. Also you can make them look frayed where the cuts are by pulling on the loose material or using sandpaper to fray the edges.
I chose not to add too much colour to the outfit as black is primarily the only colour worn in rock bands. Even though I only wore black it works well and makes the guns and roses logo on my t shirt stand out more. Or to add a pop of colour add some brightly coloured sunglasses.

What's your favourite rock band?

3 comments:

  1. love that shirt and the jeans, would basically wear that myself ;) xx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look Great!love the idea of DIY ripped jeans!

    Check out Weed Republic

    ReplyDelete